OPTIMA Physical Therapy and Wellness
Premier Physical Therapy Services in Tracy CA
OPTIMA Physical Therapy and Wellness, providing physical therapy in Tracy, CA, specializes in pelvic health issues as well as offering a broad spectrum of services focus on pain relief, healing, and rehabilitation. Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy in Tracy, CA
Symptoms of pelvic health disorders include:
- Abdominal pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary/fecal incontinence
- Chronic constipation
- Sexual dysfunction and pain
- Pre-natal and post-partum conditions for women
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
By using a course of manual therapy, biofeedback, EMG, and exercise, we work to eliminate chronic pain in the pelvic area and build strength to avoid recurring problems.
In the United States, one of the most common reasons people seek physical therapy is to find relief from back and neck pain. These and other pain from the musculoskeletal system can curtail our normal level of activity and seriously impact our quality of life.
This is how we tackle the challenge of pain:
- We work one-on-one with each patient to determine the root cause of their pain.
- Then we devise a customized treatment plan to begin the healing process.
- We combine that with a series of prescribed exercises to be completed between clinic visits so you can be a partner in your own recovery.
- We follow up with education to help you prevent injuries and pain from recurring.
- We offer Strain Counterstrain, Myofascial Release, Trigger point release, and much more.
Everyone experiences shoulder or neck pain at least once in their lifetime. An easy way to help decrease shoulder or neck pain with with a hands on technique called scapular release. If the shoulder blade can be released from all the adhesions/tightness/restrictions under the blade or attachment of the neck muscles, the shoulder becomes more mobile and thus restores proper motion. This helps the arm and neck motion.
Release those tight calves muscles with a combination of cupping + movement. Good release was observed post session. Intense stretching was felt during. Anyone who stands, commutes, or has night cramping can benefit from a proper release!
Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
We work to better the lives of people who suffer from a wide range of injuries, conditions and diseases to help them overcome pain that sidelines them from the things they want to do in life.
With physical therapy we can help achieve the following:
- Restore the patient’s quality of life
- Achieve success without medications or surgery
- Prescribe exercises to help you continue to improve between clinic visits
- Keep pain and injuries from recurring.
Posture and Gait Assessments
When your running or walking gait is compromised, not only will your ability to walk and run be impacted, but other issues can develop if the problem is left untreated.
We tackle posture and gait assessments with a dedicated protocol:
- First, we will take the time to complete a thorough and comprehensive gait assessment on you.
- We determine the real source of your problem.
- We discuss our findings and our recommended program of care with you.
By focusing first on finding the cause and then providing therapy to heal the effect, we work to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.
Symptoms that you may be struggling with problems within your vestibular system include the following:
- Frequent falls
It is important to receive proper therapy to avoid compounding the difficulties caused by imbalance issues, including a tendency to fall and create more injuries.
Dizziness and imbalance issues can take away your independence and curtail your ability to live a full life.
We have success with a variety of therapies to help to get to the root cause of your problem and work to resolve it.
Core Strengthening and Posture Retraining
Working with your core muscles is vital to your long-term health and mobility.
You need to build a strong body core for the following reasons:
- It creates a solid foundation for your movement
- It helps you prevent injury anywhere up and down the kinetic chain.
For active patients and recreational athletes, core strength is especially important to prevent injury.
For everyone it supports better balance and posture.
We use a hands-on technique known as manual therapy to mobilize and manipulate your body in an effort to decrease pain and increase your range of motion.
Manual therapy is particularly effective in at many levels.
- It adds flexibility to stiff joints and muscles.
- Coupled with our education component and series of prescribed exercises it allows you to regain your strength faster.
- It establishes a base for continued improvement as you work on exercises at home between therapies at our clinic.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization is a research-based treatment that effectively locates and treats soft tissue dysfunction.
It does this in a number of ways that include:
- It combines the skill of the physical therapist with ergonomically designed instruments to locate restrictions.
- It treats the affected area with appropriate pressure.
- It stimulates a local inflammatory response that facilitates healing including soft tissue remodel, blood floor and reduced scar tissue.
- It improves your range of motion and strength and reduces pain.
A manual therapy intervention, joint mobilization is a hands-on therapy.
It is designed to:
- Relieve pain
- Increase joint mobility and function
- Decrease tension in surrounding muscles
The amount of mobilization used depends on the stiffness of the joints and the pain associated with moving them.
Soft Tissue Mobilization
In soft tissue mobilization the soft tissue is mobilized in the physical therapist’s hands as she moves them through the muscle.
This therapy is focused on two things:
- To loosen the tightness in the body.
- To minimize the patient’s pain.
The physical therapist’s hand applies varying amounts of pressure through different stroke patterns directly against the soft tissue.
The support and stability of therapeutic taping for muscles and joints enhances the body’s natural healing processes.
Therapeutic taping is particularly effective for two reasons:
- It does not restrict the body’s normal range of motion.
- Its natural soft tissue manipulation enhances the benefit of physical therapy.
Fall Risk Assessments
We can help you ascertain your risk of falling by conducting a thorough assessment of your body and your environment.
Our findings will help you take the steps in your workplace and your home to keep you safe from injuries caused by falls.
Repetitive Strain Injuries
Repetitive strain injuries, often referred to as overuse syndrome, includes a broad variety of conditions that result when you use one part of your body in a repetitious manner.
Types of patients who are most apt to experience repetitive strain injuries are:
- Workers on computers or assembly lines
- Athletes who succumb to golfer’s shoulder or tennis elbow
- Musicians who regularly repeat a specific motion
- Photographers who are constantly lifting their cameras to their eyes
- Video game players, especially those who plan over an extended period of time
The condition focuses on a joint and affects the muscle, bone, tendon or bursa of the joint.
Repetitive strain injuries are effectively treated with physical therapy.
OPTIMA Physical Therapy and Wellness believes in the strength of education in our community to keep well.
To support our philosophy, we offer a series of workshops on a periodic basis dealing with issues that will help the local community residents learn more about how their bodies work and the steps they can take to avoid pain and injuries.
At OPTIMA Physical Therapy and Wellness
OPTIMA serves clients from Tracy, Manteca, Livermore, Mountain House, Pleasanton, and the surrounding area and specialize in Pelvic health related issues as well as offering a broad spectrum of services focusing on healing, pain relief, and rehabilitation.
Optima Physical Therapy and Wellness
1005 E Pescadero Ave Suite 171,
Tracy, CA 95304, USA